Another meme. What can I say – I like these things!
1. What is the title of your book?
2. Where did the idea come from for the book?
Several years ago, I wrote a short story about a boy and his ghost brother. I really liked the idea, and kept it in my pocket for later. Sometime in February, I think, while falling asleep, I got a flash of brilliance and figured out how I could make this story happen. And thus SEER was born. It’s now about a girl who talks to her dead brother, and definitely not a comedy, as was the case with the first story.
3. What genre does your book fall under?
YA science fiction
4. What actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
I haven’t thought of this at all. Maybe Helen Mirren or Judi Dench as the main villain, because they are awesome dames who kick ass.
5. What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
With the help of her dead brother, a teenage girl seeks revenge on her family’s murderers.
6. How long did it take you to write the first draft?
Still in progress! I started on February 15 and I should be finished sometime the week of March 18.
7. Who or what inspired you to write the book?
I wasn’t getting far on my last WIP, so I decided I needed to trunk it. All I could think about was SEER, so it was the obvious choice for my next novel. The boyfriend’s enthusiasm helped a lot.
8. Is your book published, upcoming, and/or represented by an agency?
It is still in progress. It will be my second book queried to agents.